Logga

This blog shares my thoughts on Photography, tech gadgets, policies, food and sometimes one or two reflections on life. Simply put, it's the world according to me.

If you want to head back to PhotosByWahlby simply click the logo to the right. Feel free to share anything you like with your friends using the social media buttons under each post.

fredag 7 oktober 2011

Steve Jobs - A few thoughts..

If you make a search in Google for "Steve Jobs" you end up with roughly 103 000 000 hits, Bill Gates gets 54 000 000. 


I'm not an Apple fan, not an iPhone fan boy, I carry an Andriod myself, and I like to "own my phone rather than be owned by my phone". Nevertheless there is something with Steve Jobs that has made an impact on me. I guess building an empire like that takes a special kind of person. Over the years there has been some harsh words both from Jobs, and about him. 

In my mind there's however no doubt that Steve Jobs was a pure genius. Somewhere along the line he probably read Taleb's Black Swan and realised that he hade come up with one or two black swans of his own. And.. Ay there's the rub... If understanding what a customer wants, before the customer knows isn't great, then what is? Or, to quote Jobs himself:


"It's really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."
-- BusinessWeek, May 25 1998



So, I hereby join the long line of people paying tribute to Steve Jobs. 


And... I've heard people say this before.. And I'm pretty sure it's not an actual Apple Ad.. But I'll put the picture here nevertheless..






He most certainly has one now..

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar