Logga

This blog shares my thoughts on Photography, tech gadgets, policies, food and sometimes one or two reflections on life. Simply put, it's the world according to me.

If you want to head back to PhotosByWahlby simply click the logo to the right. Feel free to share anything you like with your friends using the social media buttons under each post.

lördag 1 oktober 2011

"Root" - or how to make your warrenty void..

Hi there.

I guess some of you heard about the following quote:


""I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943"


Today it seems certain that this was never said by the IBM exec. However, something similar must have been mentioned when HTC dreamed up their HTC Desire. I guess it went something like this: 

HTC Dude 1: "Hey guys, we need to allocate space for apps, you know.. apps... apps.. that people will download from Android Market?"


Other HTC dude: "Apps.. apps.. Nahhh, overrated. They get everything they need with our own interface HTC Sense. Just chip in so that they have 50 mb's or so left.."


Well, today we can see that the world seems a bit more app-centric. Thus, for the last few hours I've made sure to make my warrenty void by rooting my Desire. 


In simple terms it is a way of gainging control over the phone so that one can use not only HTC's own version of Android, but rather download versions developed by geeks all over the world. 


So.... Rooting done, it was easy and I recommend anyone with a HTC Desire to do it, if you don't care about warrenty. 

Furthermore, when done, make sure to try the Oxygen Rom (2.2.2). Works like a charm. 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar